Have you aged out of foster care? Are you in need of assistance furnishing your first home?
Please review our eligibility criteria below and complete the onboarding application to request assistance.
At this time we are accepting applications for assistance from former foster youth who reside in Los Angeles County and the Bay Area.
- Applicants must not reside in transitional housing.
- Applicants must upload the copy of a fully executed residential lease agreement showing applicant’s name as the leasing party.
- Applicants must upload a copy of documentation showing that they have aged out of foster care. (Learn how to obtain documentation here).
- Applicants must be requesting assistance for their first home.
- Applicants must be working or going to school (or a combination of work and school) for at least 30 hours per week.
If you meet all of the above eligibility criteria, please complete our assistance application below:
If you are unsure if you qualify please email: email@example.com
Please have these documents ready for upload as a part of your application before proceeding:
- Your fully executed residential lease agreement.
- Documentation showing that you are no longer in foster care.
- Photos showing the living room, dining area, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom of your apartment
Acknowledgement and Acceptance
By completing this application you understand and accept that the furniture and housewares you are requesting have been received as donations to A Sense of Home. Therefore, the items you will receive have mostly been previously used. While we do our best to provide you items with minimal wear and damage, you understand that they are not in brand new condition. Once the items are placed in your home, they belong to you and A Sense of Home does not make repairs or replacements of the items.
Furthermore, ASOH will make the final determination whether an applicant will receive an entire home creation or be invited to obtain specific items from the warehouse. This determination is made based on various factors including availability of volunteer teams to conduct home creations, the furniture applicants currently have inside the home, and the geographic location of the home.
Additionally, as a part of your application for assistance, you will be asked to sign the following waivers: